CJRU, Toronto Metropolitan University’s Campus and Community radio station is hiring a student Production Coordinator to join our team for the 2022/2023 academic year. This is a part-time position, designed to work well with a class schedule and will include hybrid work with some hours in person at the station and some hours from home.
The Production Coordinator will take a lead in promoting CJRU using a multimedia approach, community outreach and assisting with on air programming. Duties include:
- Handle pre scheduling and logging of Morning Mixtape
- Assist in the production of video streams and video content at the station
- Promote the station’s programs and events on campus and in the community digitally and in person when possible
- Assist community groups and the TMU community in creating radio
- Assist in tutoring volunteers on video production and mobile recording
- Produce station IDs, Public Service Announcements or assist in editing projects
- Support fundraising efforts
What we’re looking for in all of our candidates
- Currently enrolled at TMU
- Volunteer or paid experience in a not-for-profit environment
- Strong organizational skills
- A creative approach to community building
- A true team player who can motivate themselves in a remote environment
- Proven ability to set, meet and review goals
- Exceptional communication & outreach skills
- A passion for campus/community radio
This is a paid position during the academic year and spring from September-May for 12 hours per week at a rate of $17 an hour.
Please note: the health and safety of our community, our staff and our volunteers is our first priority. Staff will be asked to show proof of vaccination and will work a hybrid model from home and from the office.
How to apply:
A complete application will include links to your portfolio or work samples as well as your cover letter and resume. Please format so your cover letter and resume are in one pdf file. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Production Coordinator.
We strive to build a diverse team and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, members of the LGTBQ2SI+ community and people with disabilities. If you need accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday September 21 at 11:59PM. Candidates must be available for video interviews the following week.