CJRU 1280AM is hiring a number of student staff positions to join our team for the winter semester. These part-time positions are ideal for students and are designed to be worked remotely until we are able to return safely to the physical station.
Digital Assets Coordinator
Bring your knowledge of file management and digital distribution to the CJRU team! Our Digital Assets Coordinator will oversee content on our website, assist us with our podcast feeds and more over the school year.
- Edit and assist volunteers with online content
- Update podcast feeds, Airtable and Patreon accounts
- Create Audiograms
- Assist in updating content on iTunes, Spotify or other branded platforms
- Assist in posting content to website and social media
- Check feeds on platforms like RadioPlayer, iHeart and TuneIn
- Specialized skills for this position include: experience in multimedia environment, audio production, proficient user of Database and Spreadsheet applications, editing skills
Producer – Indigenous programming
The Producer will work with other students and members of the community in showcasing the work of local Indigenous communities.
- Outreach to different groups on and off campus
- Record and edit interview focused programming on a weekly basis
- Provide feedback to volunteers on their work at the station and assist them in creating radio
- Log programming and/or assist and oversee volunteers in the process
- Create digital content to promote your work and that of station volunteers
What we’re looking for in all of our candidates
- Current university student
- Volunteer or paid experience in a not-for-profit environment
- Strong organizational skills
- A creative approach to community building
- A true team player who can motivate themselves in a remote environment
- Proven ability to set, meet and review goals
- Exceptional communication & outreach skills
- A passion for campus/community radio and experience producing audio work
These are paid positions during the academic year and spring from January to May for approximately 12 hours per week at a rate of $16 an hour.
How to apply:
Send resume, portfolio or work samples and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Student Jobs.
We strive to build a diverse team and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, members of the LGTBQ2SI+ community and people with disabilities. If you need accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications has been extended to Sunday January 30, 2022 at 11:59PM. Candidates must be available for video interviews the following week.