CJRU is hiring a bookkeeper to assist with our day to day accounting. A successful candidate will have some experience with bookkeeping either practical or classroom based knowledge.
Running payroll, posting transaction entries into Sage, assisting with reports requested by the Station Manager, calculating government remittance, generating T4 and T4As annually, audit prep, CRTC annual filing prep, reconciliation and review of bank and other account statements, assisting with invoice payments and recording of receivables, maintain and organize supporting documentation for accounting activities
- Upper year student from TRSM or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Sage or other accounting software is an asset
- Outgoing, friendly and reliable
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and functions within accounting cycle
This is a contract position with a pay rate of $22 per hour.
Please note: the health and safety of our community, our staff and our volunteers is our first priority. Contractors will be asked to show proof of vaccination and will work a hybrid model from home and from the office.
How To Apply:
The deadline for applications is Wednesday August 10 at 11:59PM .
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume as one pdf to email@example.com subject: “Attention Hiring Committee.”
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.